1. You're doing it to impress someone you don't like
Honestly why do you even bother?
2. You're trying to impress someone you do like
It might seem more legitimate, but you should never do anything to impress anyone other than yourself. Especially when it comes to your body.
3. You think you'll be happier if you look a certain way
You're your own worst critic - regardless of how you look, you'll always find something else you'd need to change before you'd be happy. Chasing happiness in how you look is a race with no end.
4. You think more people will like you if you look a certain way
If a person likes you for who you are, they'll like you regardless of your shape or size. It's all about character and personality so make sure you're a nice person and the world will have no option but to fall in love with you!
5. You're trying to look like an Instagram model
Instagram models don't even look like Instagram models in real life!
6. You believe you'll find a partner quicker
Love is not skin deep - don't mistake it for lust. If you want something that'll last longer than the honeymoon period, you'll need to find someone who is interested in the size of your soul, not your booty!
7. You think life will be easier if you're skinny
Whether you're a size 6,12 or 22 you will always experience difficulties in life. Nobody's life is easy - trust me!
8. You believe that you can eat more freely if you're below a certain size and not worry too much about it
Skinny, fat, short or tall; we all have to be mindful of what we eat. Skinny people are not immune to illness that comes from poor eating habits.
9. Because you want a thigh gap or other social media body trend
Possibly one of the worst and most dangerous reasons to chase a weight loss! It makes no bloody sense and next year it will be a new part of the body that will be idolised. And believe it or not but thigh gaps are hugely dependent on your genetics and body structure - you may NEVER get one regardless of how much weight you lose!
10. Because you believe you can't be healthy if you aren't below a certain weight
Health is not dependant on how much you weigh although it does play a part in it. You can be overweight and perfectly healthy if you still maintain a healthy lifestyle, stay active and eat sensibly. Unless you're severely obese, having a bit of extra cushion around your body doesn't inherently put your health at risk.